Vary the Thanksgiving dessert table with one of these non-pumpkin dessert recipes. Perfect for the pumpkin haters as well as the pumpkin lovers!
Hello there! Who’s ready for Thanksgiving?
Here’s a more important question: what are you making?
My mom is only supposed to be bringing one dish to the family gathering, but I’m rebelling and making a few additional eats. I’m of the belief that it’s Thanksgiving and you can never have too much food. Who’s with me?
I suppose I should have been content to not have to make anything, but you can’t keep someone who spends a good deal of their life in the kitchen out of it for the biggest food holiday of the year! However, to be honest, these additions are actually more for my family than anyone, really. I’m making double of everything in hopes of bringing home leftovers. (And between you and me – shhhh – I always make not one, but two cheesecakes to keep at home for afters; there are just some things I don’t want to share beyond my group of six…;)
OK, so there’s probably a good chance that if not everyone, a good lot of people know someone who does not like pumpkin – maybe that’s you, even. I love pumpkin, but there are still some ways I won’t eat it and in a pie is one (there’s just something about the texture – and it’s not like the flavor knocks my socks off either). Or maybe you’re just looking for something a little different to add to the dessert table. Either way, here are 15 non-pumpkin recipes that I think would be delicious for when the turkey settles. Enjoy!
15 Non-Pumpkin Desserts for Thanksgiving
- Apple Slab Pie from Smitten Kitchen (my mom made this last year, and not only is it delicious, but absolutely perfect for feeding a crowd as well!)
- Apple Hand Pies with Maple Glaze (easy to make and perfect for one-handed eating!)
- Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes (oh my gosh, you guys – these are sooo good!)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Cotter Crunch (these are paleo, gluten free, and vegan (if you’re not any of those, don’t let that scare you – these look delicious!), so a perfect choice to accommodate for various dietary needs!)
- Looking for a beautiful showstopper? Consider this Apple Pie Cake from Liv for Cake – so gorgeous!
- Brown Butter Cake from Liv for Cake
- Sweet Potato Cake with Marshmallow Frosting from Live for Cake
- Oreo Acorn Balls from The First Year (so cute! Plus, peanut butter and chocolate – need I say more?)
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles from Baker by Nature (just go look at the photos and see if you don’t want to make a batch stat…)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies from Pinch of Yum (because who can go wrong with cookies AND brownies? Also, check out this recipe here – I can vouch for its
- Mini Chocolate Cream Pies from Flour Arrangements
- Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies from Cafe Delites (one never goes wrong in bringing brownies and this recipe is one of my favorites – easy to make and only a single bowl needed! If you are super short on time, check out my doctored brownie mix here.)
- Apple and Blueberry Hazelnut Deep-Dish Pie from Daisy and the Fox (absolutely beautiful! Someone pleasepleaseplease make this and send my way!)
- Cranberry Ginger Pear Pie from Blahnik Baker (loving the sound of these flavors…)
- With every good pie, comes a good pie crust. Kristin from Pastry Affair provides a helpful tutorial for something that some of us *cough* find a bit daunting to make.
If you would like to see more seasonal recipes, visit my Pinterest board here!
Before I leave, I would like to wish every one of my American readers a very happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day is filled with good food, fun, and the creating of new memories. A million thanks to YOU for reading my food rambles!